Ehsan SA | Aug 14, 2018 | 1
F43M External Flash For Multi-Interface Shoe
I have used the Sony HVL-F43AM for Sony Alpha System makes for an excellent external flash option for newer Sony cameras. The significant change, of course, is the new F43M unit that uses the new MIS (Multi Interface Shoe) interface for ease of use.
Sony’s HVL-F43AM unique swivel head design, probably is this units best feature, for changing the angles of your flash and easy switching to and from landscape and portrait shooting. Simply by a quick flick of the hand, you can change the angle.
The F43M External Flash For Multi-Interface Shoe is plenty powerful for bounce flash use for most uses and can be both used as a primary or secondary flash. As my power with the camera set to ISO 100, it gave me overly white (overexposed) shots until I had stopped down the aperture of F/22, 1/250 per sec. in my living room with a white ceiling. The F43M at full power can fire another in 2.9 seconds or without any delay for most power levels.
The F43M has a built-in, pull out, and wide-angle diffuser and white bounce card also included. The diffuser to me is very useful to ensure even bounce flash coverage even during busy events like weddings. The addition of the bounce card will also provide additional highlights to the eyes of your subject.
The F43M External Flash For Multi-Interface Shoe comes with a foldable stand and a zipper case.
Sony’s HVL-F43AM supports HSS high-speed sync, making it an amazing addition to the new Sony A9 or A7r III. This allows shooting at a very fast shutter speed much beyond your cameras x-sync speed. I have tested this on my A9 and is very handy for overpowering any ambient lighting.
Sony’s HVL-F43AM can work wirelessly and be triggered by your flash, or with no included flash (Sony a9). You can use this flash by external flash mounted on your camera. To me the F43M can act as your flash controller for any other wireless flashes with ratio control for all your creative use and so many other benefits.
Sony’s HVL-F43AM is the best flash in the market unless you must have the F60M for its size. However, the benefits of this flash in no time can outweigh the size and the weight advantage of the F60M. I personally can wholeheartedly with no hesitation recommend the F43M for everyone with any recent cameras. The Sony HVL-F43AM Sony Alpha System or HVL-F43AM Flash Unit remains the best. Sony always provides a fantastic product at a great price.
- Compatible with Sony ADI / P-TTL
- Guide Number: 141′ at an ISO 100 and 105mm
- Zoom Range: 24-105mm (15mm with Panel)
- Quick Shift Bounce for 90° L/R Pivot
- Tilts from -8 to 150°
- Wireless TTL Ratio Controller/Remote
- LED Light with 400 lux Output at 1.6.’
- Recycle Time: 0.1-5 Seconds
- Slow, High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
- Runs on 4 AA Batteries
- Mount: Shoe
- Guide No.: 141.08′ (43 m) ISO 100 at 105 mm position
- The angle of Coverage 84° – 23.3°
- Wide-Angle Adapter:: 110°
- Vari-Power: 1/1 – 1/128
- Bounce Head: -8° to +150°
- Swivel Head: 180°
- Coverage: 15 mm – 105 mm
- Distance Range: 3.28 to 34.45′ (1 to 10.5 m)
- Zoom Head: Full frame: 24 mm – 105 mm
- Off Camera Terminal: None
- Recycle Time: Approximately 0.1 – 5 seconds
- Flash-ready Indicator: Yes
- Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 and 1/2 EV steps)
- Wireless Operation Method: Optical pulse
- Distance: Up to 16.40′ / 5 m
- Wireless Communication Channels: 4 Channels
- Wireless Groups: 3 Groups
- Power Source: 4x AA Alkaline, Rechargeable NiMH Batteries
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 3.0 x 5.5 x 3.4″ / 75.0 x 140.0 x 87.0 mm
- Weight: 12.52 oz / 355 g without batteries