A Closer Look At The DJI Osmo Pocket Extension Rod
The Dji Osmo Pocket extension rod is an excellent tool to help you capture some great shots. You can easily attach your phone to the phone holder. But know that you must have the Osmo Pocket Wireless Module or a connection cable. Unfortunately, both are sold independently, and it is a must to control your Osmo Pocket with the new rod. The extension rod further features multiple of mounting brackets for additional shooting options.
With a high-quality control stick and the six buttons on the handle, the Osmo Rod can precisely control using the gimbal. Easily track objects, you can change gimbal modes, and recenter, improving all your shooting experience.
The extension rod also features a 1/4-inch tripod mount at the bottom of it to connect with your Osmo Pocket with additional accessories.
The Osmo Pocket will charge the extension rod automatically when connected. The dji rod will run out of battery if not used for six months or longer. Connect it to an Osmo Pocket to charge it.
The retractable Osmo Extension Rod can reach a maximum length of 500 mm, allowing you to shoot from different angles.
You can attach your phone to the phone holder, and use an Osmo Wireless Module or a connection cable (both sold independently) to control Osmo Pocket with the extension rod. The extension rod also features multiple mounting brackets for additional shooting options.
I ordered it on 1/15, and I got it on 1/19. It’s much faster and cheaper than the official DJI store. I tried to order from DJI, and their processing time was 2-3 days at that time. And the shipping time would be longer. And you have to pay extra $15 for shipping if you order less than $75. That’s not cool, DJI.
With a control stick and six buttons on the handle, the Osmo Extension Rod can precisely control the gimbal, track objects, change gimbal modes, and recenter, improving your shooting experience.
It also features a standard 1/4-inch tripod mount at the bottom to connect Osmo Pocket with additional accessories.
I have been waiting for this module since I got my Osmo Pocket on day one.
This is why I love it. 🥰
- I can control my Osmo pocket from anywhere.
- I am able to use the Pro mode.
- The response time is pretty fast between the Osmo and my phone.
- It works very well with my iphone6 and Galaxy note8.
- It makes my Osmo pocket more stable when I put it on any flat surface such as a table.
- I can charge my Osmo while I have it on the wireless module.
- I can choose 2.4ghz or five GHz when I connect it with wifi.
- I think the price should be around $29.99.
- When I tried to make it work with my note8 for the first time, it took about 30 minutes to set up. Tried it with my note eight first with Bluetooth or wifi; it didn’t pair at all. I tried it with my note eight again, then it worked. I don’t know why, but it worked. After the first-time pair up, I never have an issue with the pair up process again.
- There is a lag time when I connect it with Bluetooth if the phone stays far from Osmo more than 5 feet. You will see some kind of missing part on the screen when you move gimbal up-down left-right. The screen on your phone will not update quickly when you try to control the gimbal from your phone.
- Retractable extension rod built with a phone holder
- Multiple mounting brackets for additional shooting options
- A standard 1/4-inch tripod mount at the bottom connects Osmo Pocket with additional accessories